Hidden History Tours COVID Customer Policy.
Hidden History of Norwich Tours take place with a number of guests limited in line with government guidance and include COVID-Secure measures such as the requirement to wear face coverings and social distance throughout the tour. Guests are supervised by a member of staff wearing a visor who will make sure COVID-Secure measures are clear and manage access to areas of our COVID-secure business premises to minimise risk to customers and staff. You will not come into contact with guests booked on other tour slots and the area will be cleaned between tours.
The safety of our customers and staff is our utmost priority and before restarting our tours we carry out a complete risk assessment and make necessary adjustments to minimise infection risks.
Here are the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe so that you can enjoy your tour knowing that it is COVID-Secure.
Steps taken for your safety
- Following government and industry guidance – We have researched best practice within the leisure and hospitality sectors as well as meeting all government requirements for the operations of Hidden History of Norwich Tours. They provide us with comprehensive guidance and support to help ensure that we have taken every recommended step to reopen our venue safely in line with COVID-Secure guidelines.
- Visit Britain Certification – “We’re Good to Go” self-assessment has been undertaken for our Castle Meadow ‘hidden street’ tour and business premises to demonstrate that we have effective COVID-Secure adaptations and procedures in place.
- Group sizes – From 1st October 2020, in line with the latest government guidance, our Castle Meadow ‘hidden street’ tour will be able to accommodate a maximum of 12 guests from a maximum of 4 households/support bubbles. This complies with the Government’s ‘rule of 6’ as all household groups will be kept separate, no more than 6 people will be in each household group and social distancing will be observed throughout the tour.
If you cannot find a booking option suitable for your household or support bubble, please contact us at email@example.com or 01603 850309 to make arrangements.
- Social distancing – We operate to a minimum of 1m+ and require all guests to respect social distancing guidelines throughout their tour experience with us. We have adapted the tour to ensure that social distancing can be achieved without impacting on your enjoyment. We will encourage distancing of at least 2m between households and our staff wherever possible. We have adequate signage in place to assist with social distancing including allocated spaces to stand in throughout the tours and require you to follow all instructions given by staff as you enter, during the tour and exit our sites to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Face coverings – It is mandatory for all tour guests to wear face coverings unless you are exempt from wearing a face covering. You are required to arrive wearing face coverings and keep them on throughout your time with us. Please bring your own face covering as we are unable to supply them. Our staff will be wearing face coverings or visor and maintaining social distancing for the duration of their contact with you.
- Hand sanitising – Please ensure you’ve washed your hands before arrival with us as we have no customer toilet facilities on site. Complimentary hand sanitiser will be provided at the start of the tour as you enter the venue. Hand-washing and sanitising have been proven to be much more effective than gloves to reduce the risk of transmission and any guests insisting on wearing gloves will also be required to sanitise them before use.
- Venue sanitising – We’ve adopted enhanced cleaning procedures and allowed extra time between tours to ensure the areas are fully sanitised between every tour. Sanitising will be performed at regular intervals throughout the day for reception areas and other identified high-contact points around the venue. Our staff are fully trained and have very strict procedures to follow to ensure their safety and that of our customers.
- NHS Test & Trace – For the purposes of managing your booking we already collect the name and telephone number of the lead booker. We will provide this data to NHS Test & Trace if requested within 21 days of you and your party attending your tour. We will also display an official NHS QR code poster from 24 September 2020, so that customers and visitors have the option to ‘check in’ too. We are unable to offer entry to those who refuse to provide their name and telephone number or ‘check in’.
- Ventilation – Fresh air is the recommended means of changing air and we will open doors and windows between tours in areas this is possible.
- Staff and customer health – Our staff undertake self-assessed health checks before starting work and we do not allow them to work if they display any COVID-related symptoms. No person with COVID-related symptoms should enter our premises and also if you need to self isolate as a result of being in contact with an infected person then you should not attend your tour. Please make sure that you follow the latest government guidance on self isolating if you show COVID-related symptoms, test positive for COVID-19 or are identified as a close contact via the NHS Test and Trace system. If fewer guests are able to attend the tour you are booked due to COVID we offer a refund via gift voucher valid for one year for those unable to attend the tour. Please contact us on 01603 850309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your tour to arrange this.
- Arriving for Your Tour – Please arrive at the exact time for your tour and with your entire party. Unfortunately, we no longer have waiting areas available if you arrive early and don’t want you waiting outside in the unpredictable British weather! We have strict timetables to follow to ensure the additional cleaning and safety procedures take place, so if you are late this could mean less time on the tour.
- Customer Toilet Facilities – We’re sorry but we can no longer offer customer toilet facilities on site, so please ensure you have used other public facilities before you arrive.
- Feedback Welcomed – We constantly review our policy to ensure it complies with the latest government guidelines. We always welcome feedback from guests after your tour as we constantly strive to improve our customer experience – therefore please don’t hesitate to let us know about how both your tour experience and our new procedures lived up to your expectations.
- Rebooking a Tour Postponed Due to COVID – If your tour was postponed by us due to COVID closure and you were issued a gift voucher and you find upon rebooking that there is a price difference please contact us and we’ll get you rebooked at the price valid at the time of your original booking.
- Refunds and Cancellations – As per our booking terms and conditions, if you need to reschedule or cancel your booking we require 7 days notice prior to your booked tour start time via the contact details shown on your booking confirmation. So you can book with peace of mind, our policy is temporarily amended where COVID illness or isolation is the cause:
|Scenario||Normal T&Cs||COVID T&Cs|
|Cancellations or reschedules with 7 days notice.||Free reschedule. Where a reschedule date cannot be specified, full refund given via a gift voucher valid for one year. Booking fees are non refundable. No cash refunds.||No change to normal terms & conditions.|
|Cancellations or reschedules with LESS than 7 days notice.||Upon request, we may at our sole discretion offer to reschedule your tour or issue a gift voucher that allows you to rebook at a later date, subject to a £10 late rearrangement fee.||Refund automatically given via gift voucher valid for one year, less £5 late cancellation fee towards staff costs.|
|Partial refunds for fewer guests attending with LESS than 7 days notice.||No refunds given for fewer guests attending.||Partial refund given via gift voucher valid for one year for each guest unable to attend due to COVID illness or isolation. We MUST be contacted prior to arrival at your tour to request this.|